Since 1964, Festival in the Parkat Freedom Park has been bringing live music andbeautifularts and crafts to the neighborhoods of Dilworth and Myers Park. Surrounded by some of the most stunning real estate in Charlotte, Festival in the Park offers an abundance of food, fun and artistry.
Festival in the Park is designed to promote and stimulate interest in the arts and provides the perfect opportunity for all to see, hear, and learn from over 150 artists and crafts people actively demonstrating and displaying their art. Festival in the Park is well known and has been recognized as:
– Southeast Tourism Society’s Top 20 event for the month of September 2011
– Sunshine Artists Magazine’s 200 BEST festivals
Festival in the Park visitors typically exceed 100,000 visitors each year, so make sure you arrive early and plan on enjoying a long day of music and art filled relaxation in the park. The event will be held from September 23-25, 2011.
FRIDAY September 23 – 4 pm- 9:30 pm
SATURDAY September 24 – 10 am 9:30 pm
SUNDAY September 25- 11 am 6 pm
The biggest question you will face at the festival is… Where do I park? Check out this guide to find out where (and where not) to park.
The “LYNX Light Rail” shuttle to Festival in the Park:
* Running from the East/West light rail stop on Camden at West Blvd.
* Shuttle will be running during Festival hours, every hour
Parking is available Thursday and Friday after 4pm and all day Saturday and Sunday at:
* Holy Trinity Catholic Middle School (Park Road and Princeton Avenue)
* Myers Park Traditional School (Radcliffe Avenue near Queens Road)
* Cost is $10 per car, proceeds benefit the respective schools.
* Free shuttle transportation with paid parking to Festival.
Additional parking areas available Thursday and Friday after 5pm and all day Saturday and Sunday at:
* Carolinas Medical Center parking deck and lot (S. Kings Drive and East Boulevard)
* Cost is $10 per car, proceeds benefit Levine Children’s Hospital
On-street parking is permitted on Queens Road between Radcliffe and Princeton avenues but make sure you areconsiderate of the neighbors. Do not block driveways and do not intrude on their property because Charlotte Mecklenburg police officers will be issuing citations and or towing for illegal parking.
If youre interested in checking out any homes for sale in the Dilworth neighborhood or selling your Dilworth home, feel free to email me. There are some great homes to buy and sell in Dilworth!