House Beautiful is one of my favorite publications. Their online newsletter is super informative and the magazine always inspires me with new ideas. I even started gifting a subscription to my buyer clients because I want them to use it as a resource! The articles are a good mix of fun, design related topics and practical home tips and tricks. I recently came across their list, “9 Things You Should Do to Your Home Before Fall Starts,” and knew I had to share! Here’s a quick summary of the list:
- Clean (or replace!) your gutters. It’s only a matter of time before the leaves start falling.
- Check your doors and windows for drafts. Be proactive before you turn your heat on.
- Make sure to drain your outdoor faucets to prevent water freezing inside.
- Cover your outdoor furniture or, better yet, bring it inside (I’ll probably wait until after football season for this one!).
- Repair cracks in driveway. First impressions are key!
- Change your air filters to extend the life of your HVAC.
- Prep and fertilize your yard. You’ll be so glad you did when spring rolls around.
- Test winter equipment – we may not need snowblowers in Charlotte, but testing your heating system is always helpful!
- Test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and change batteries if necessary.
For the full list, check out House Beautiful.