Does spending more time at home have you thinking of how you can make your home work better for you?
We’ve all been spending more time at home, which means many homeowners are tackling home improvements.
Depending on time, money and space you can make small changes to the key areas of the home that are guaranteed to freshen up the space. Or if you are tackling larger, full renovations there are some key things to keep in mind.
- Time frame- Do you want to tackle a large renovation that could take 3-6 months (or sometimes longer)?
- Budget- How much do you want to spend? Be prepared for incidentals or if you have an older home, possibly have to update electrical or plumbing. It’s best to have a contingency fund that way “surprises” can be accounted for.
- Easy Updates- Maybe the room doesn’t require a full renovation, sometimes just updating the decor can update a room. Try switching out fabrics, materials, pillows or towels to create a new look.
- Style- Do you know what your personal “style” is? If so, great! If not, don’t worry, there are tons of inspiration online or you can hire an interior designer. Many interior designers know exactly what to ask to hone in on your style and they can help you design your space to be uniquely you.
- Rooms- Deciding which room to renovation can be just has hard as deciding your style. Keep in mind certain rooms will most likely give you a return on your investment, such as the kitchen, owner bathroom and owner bedroom.